One of the biggest things that holds us back is ignoring what we really need. Whether that’s because we don’t realize it, we are too busy, or we just don’t care it’s seriously hurting us. You can be going 100 miles per hour but come to a crashing halt because you aren’t tuning into you.
Over the years you may have become disconnected with yourself. Maybe people have been telling you who you need to be, how you need to act, and what you need to feel. The problem is you may have listened and molded yourself to their expectations. Along the way you just lost that deep connection you need in order to thrive.
How can you start tuning into you
1) Start your day off with some you time. Give yourself at least 15 minutes of you time before checking your phone or computer or in any way reacting to the world.
2) Recognize and feel your feelings. We get in the habit of avoiding our feelings or stuffing them away. Don’t do that!
3) Identify why you are feeling that way. What was the cause for these feelings you are feeling?
4) Take care of yourself. It’s hard to start tuning into you when you aren’t feeling your best.
5) Tune out the unhelpful voices of other people. Listening to other people’s expectations of you quiets your own inner voice.
Getting into the habit of tuning into yourself can take time especially if you haven’t done it in a awhile. So many of our negative feelings can be resolved by feeling them, identifying where they came from, and processing through them. The problem is we are so scared to even feel them that we never get to the processing part.
You know yourself better than anyone else. Don’t let other peoples opinions quiet your own intuition. Your intuition can guide you on the right path only if you give it the opportunity. Remember YOU ARE ENOUGH!!!
Join Megan Hall's Newsletter List
Subscribe and get weekly inspiration right into your inbox